Plate Bloomer

A while ago on Pinterest, it seemed like everyone was taking their shot at Sharpie dishes DIY.




Not that I'm judging.  Who wouldn't try this DIY?  All you need to do is to pop over to the Dollar Store, pick up some mugs, plates, bowls, etc., grab a Sharpie (that you already own) and doodle away.  So how could I resist?

I scoured Pinterest for ideas.  I saw plenty of polka dots and flowers, but found inspiration in this plate by Crate and Barrel.


I started with 4 clean, white plates and two Sharpie paint pens in black and gold.  If you decide to try this yourself, I would suggest using a paint pen.  A regular sharpie will wash off after multiple uses.  A paint pen will last longer; you can extend this even more by hand-washing your dishes rather than putting them through the dishwasher.  After you have drawn your masterpiece on the plate, heat your oven to 350 degrees with your dishes inside.  Let them "bake" for 20-30min.  Then shut off the oven and leave the dishes inside as it cools.  Presto!  Now you have beautiful dishes like this!







Let me know what you think!  Stop by again soon!



This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 8, 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply