Mirror Mirror on the Wall

You know how the story goes.  Mine is similar, it involves a mirror or two, but without a runaway princess, evil queen, and house of dwarves.  The mirrors also don't talk, that I'm aware of....  Okay, so not a lot in common with the magical mirror of Snow White.


I thought the top of my library card catalog needed a mirror.  I had a green one that had lasted through college, but the green didn't look quite right above the catalog.


The green mirror needed some classing up.  The hardware on the catalog is a copper-y gold, so I decided that painting the mirror a similar color would make a nice compliment.  Maybe one day I'll purchase a real antique gold mirror, but for the moment, a $1 bottle of antique gold paint sounds good.



So, I set-up my mirror, lined the inside with painter's tape, and got to work painting.  Acrylic paint is multi-use, but at $1 it is not the highest quality.  It took about 7 layers to cover all the green of the mirror.  I didn't mind too much, I just painted and zoned out watching episodes of "Chuck" (one of my favorite shows, cancelled before its time).



Voila!  The finished product!


But wait, there's more!  Roaming the internet, I found that my eye was drawn to fun colored mirrors. A little ironic I just painted over one, right?  Listen well - there is a time and a place for a bright colored mirror.  I think I could make space for beauties like these though.

Chinois Mirror | Horchow                                               Yellow-Framed Mirror | Horchow


You don't just need art on a wall to bring a pop of color to space.  My mother was thinking about donating this mirror that had long graced the hallway or our old house to Goodwill.  Here was a perfect chance to refresh this mirror.  I think chartreuse becomes it, but let me know what you think!



Stop by again soon!






This entry was posted on Monday, September 22, 2014. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply